ALTENBURG PIANO HOUSE
Family owned and operated since 1847.
Altenburg Piano House, founded in 1847, is the oldest family-run piano house in the United States. Through all the years that have passed, one thing that has stayed constant is our passion for great pianos.
We trace our origins to the Otto Altenburg Piano Co., founded in 1847 in Germany. The Altenburgs immigrated to New York City in 1855 and opened a piano factory.
In 1906 the family moved to Elizabeth, New Jersey and we’ve been here ever since. The first Elizabeth showroom opened in 1906 on East Jersey Street in Elizabeth. In 1926 we moved up the street to 1150 East Jersey Street to a custom built, art-deco piano showroom.
We have produced our signature Otto Altenburg pianos for many decades in a wide range of sizes in both vertical and grand models. A large selection may be tried here in satin and high polished finishes. Our Altenburgs are made with sandcast plates and represent excellent values.
The House of Altenburg also offer Baldwin pianos, Johannus Organs, made in the Netherlands, and choice pre-owned Yamaha pianos. Fine, rebuilt Steinway and Mason & Hamlin grands are also on hand.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU ONE DAY SOON AND TALK ABOUT OUR MUTUAL LOVE FOR PIANOS.